Johnny's Current Band
bluesrecords
2007-01-19 05:01:55 UTC
Does anyone know the current lineup? Going to see Johnny on Saturday in New
haven, CT. I don't think James Montgomery is still with him. Thanks in
advance!
Winston Smith
2007-01-21 15:07:58 UTC
I've been a JW fan since the late '60's. I'm glad to hear he's back on his
feet again. He one of the all-time greats! So how was the concert?
in advance!
Jon
2007-01-23 00:28:34 UTC
Scott Spray on bass and Wayne June on drums.
bluesrecords
2007-01-23 01:03:10 UTC
The Winter show was awesome! I've seen Johnny a couple of times in recent
years and his health looked much improved this time. His voice was better
and his guitar playing was right on. It was a night I won't forget. Thanks
for posting the lineup - it's correct and a fellow named Paul Nelson sat in
for a couple of songs too.
Jon
2007-01-30 01:36:23 UTC
Post by bluesrecords
The Winter show was awesome! I've seen Johnny a couple of times in recent
years and his health looked much improved this time. His voice was better
and his guitar playing was right on. It was a night I won't forget. Thanks
for posting the lineup - it's correct and a fellow named Paul Nelson sat in
for a couple of songs too.
He is listed on Johnny's website as a band member. I had never heard of
him but he has pretty good credentials-
http://www.paulnelsonguitar.com/bio.htm
I actually thought he was a roadie at Johnny's latest show here in
Austin. He appeared on stage before the show started, picked up a Strat
that was sitting there, jammed on it for about five minutes, then said
Johnny would be on soon and walked off. He never appeared again during
the whole show. Incidentally history was made that night- Tommy Shannon
and Uncle John Turner joined Johnny on stage for "Johnny Guitar"